A Grand Old Lady
An opportunity to restore a vintage Colonial Revival home to its former glory. This five bedroom home has a commanding street presence worthy of the prestigious Arroyo Terrace neighborhood in which it is situated. Located on a double lot, each with a separate APN, the combined lot size is 16,441 square feet. The home itself features 3,170 square feet on two levels. The detached studio as well as the oversized detached garage, offer the possibility of an ADU or home office.
This major fixer retains all the markings of an elegant home from bygone days. Built in 1903, the bones and original features are just waiting for the hand of a restorer. The wrap-around veranda leads to a magnificent front door, believed to be solid Mahogany, crowned by a beautiful ellipse window. Entering the grand foyer, one is captivated by the magnificent split staircase and a glorious window. This large room served as the front parlor.
Characteristic of a center hall Colonial, the front room is flanked by the living and dining rooms. Each of these formal rooms has a fireplace with French doors leading to the veranda and gardens. In total, there are five fireplaces in this amazing piece of history. Upstairs there are four bedrooms, with two sleeping porches and two baths. Off of the main bedroom, two french doors open onto a large sleeping porch offering a wonderful additional space with windows on all sides. There is also a separate dressing room. In total the home has four bathrooms: two full, one 3/4 and one half bath.
It is evident that the former owner, who died in the home of natural causes, was an avid gardener. French doors lead to the side brick patio, with an arched arbor. There are vestiges of formally tended gardens. There is a separate rose garden, as well as a fruit-bearing apple tree and lime tree. The gated driveway affords privacy. Located near the Gamble House and the famed Rose Bowl, as well as Old Town Pasadena.
- 3170 sf, 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms
- 16,441 sf lot includes APN 5711-010-026 (10,281 sf) & 5711-010-025 (6,610 sf)
- Separate Studio
- Detached garage with 480 sf (per public record)
- 200-amp electric service
- No central air conditioning
- Heating & plumbing are not updated
- Zoned RS4
- Per the City of Pasadena, this property has been determined eligible for city designation as an individual landmark although no application has been made.
- City permit records show completion of retrofit & chimney rebuild
- Sold totally in “AS IS” condition. Seller will make no repairs & offer no credits. Buyer to investigate all matters by independent research to satisfy self.
- This is a Trust Sale. Notice of Proposed Action will be given to Beneficiaries with a 15-day Notice period. Although no objection is anticipated, if an Objection is received, the sale would be subject to Court confirmation.